Monday, November 2, 2009

Kim's Asian Seafood Lunch



This is a photo of the fab five Shoalhaven Foodies. Colleen Duncan, Chere Le Page, Christine Radywyl, Kim Dove and Frances Forgan.



Yesterday was my turn to host a dinner party.... it all began when I started thinking locally....wow that is so hard. I didn't realise just how hard it was to have a dinner party with all locally produced food...and to make it different from everyone elses. I started with the idea of seafood, because we had rabbit for our first dinner party then lamb for the second... When I think of seafood, I think Asian...and so the scene was set. Seafood....Asian.....Red....umbrellas....etc...etc..
A trip to the local produce market to buy fresh vegetables, and fruit and some green prawns and blue eyed cod....then to the local organic rose farm for some lovely fresh roses to use in my dessert.



The scene started at 2pm yesterday...the girls arrived, I invited an extra...Emily, a friend who lives part time down here and in the inner city of Sydney. We started with...some lemongrass tea...then Garlic prawns on a bed of fresh lettuce from my garden..then baked blue eyed cod with ginger, chillies, garlic and spring onions, accompanied by stir fried asian vegetables with fried noodles and slivered almonds, and then rose ice ganita and lemon/lime sorbet.









It all tasted great, I was surprised at just how much work was involved. I started at 8am, and had just a very short break, until 2pm came around very quickly. During the dinner party I was in the kitchen, cooking a lot of the time. What a great experience. Good Food Good Friends Good Wine (I think I drank most of it)

No comments: